We are delighted to introduce an innovative new healthcare scheme designed and specifically created for the Universities & Colleges sector.
The Patient Advocate Healthcare Plan is intended to provide institutions with, not only a new healthcare management model, but with a focus on reducing the perpetual and spiralling costs of private medical insurance, as well as providing a unique and valuable Nurse-led Case Management service to those who elect to use the NHS or private sector.
The Plan offers a more flexible but robust approach to benefit provisions, together with Nurse-led Case and Claims Management and administration facilities, providing significantly better value for the healthcare budget.
Transfers from existing Healthcare schemes would be eligible to join on “no worst underwriting terms” basis
The Plan is managed as a collective arrangement for all participating Universities & Colleges by Patient Advocate.
- Underwritten by a global insurer gives confidence that the cost of private consultation and diagnostics intervention are fully covered.
- Led by our Managed Healthcare team of nurses and case management assistants, will reduce claim costs through the use of the NHS e-Referral Service when appropriate for conditions such as cancer and cardiac treatments best delivered through the NHS Centres of Excellence, subsequently reducing premium costs, and providing better health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Employees will benefit with a dedicated Case Manager for personalised advice, coordination of treatment options, and ongoing support at any time, appropriate to the individual’s health and personal needs.
- Patient Advocate’s holistic approach to physical, emotional and social wellbeing supports employees throughout their claim and treatment care pathway.
- Reducing costs by selected use of private sector treatment with pre-agreed pricing.
Long term conditions, complex care such as cardiac and cancer, musculoskeletal and mental health are covered, and our Case Managers work with GP’s, Consultants, complementary practitioners, occupational health and health prevention specialists to provide a person-centred holistic treatment and recovery pathway.
Patient Advocate creates a valuable bridge between private and public health programmes and services, providing greater choice of healthcare options with measurable improved health outcomes for the individual and savings for the employer.