Cardiff and Vale College has been named Welsh Further Education (FE) Provider of the Year by the National Centre for Diversity.
The award recognises CAVC as one of the best FE institutions in the UK for encouraging an all-encompassing culture of equality, diversity and inclusion. The College was also placed 25th out of the National Centre for Diversity’s Top 50 UK Colleges.
Judges found that the College has demonstrated a real and tangible commitment to equality and diversity and works for continual improvement. CAVC was awarded Leaders in Diversity status in 2015 after the National Centre for Diversity worked closely with staff and students.
CAVC Principal and Chief Executive Mike James said: “We are delighted to receive this award as it highlights the excellent work we do across the College to support equality by breaking down barriers to opportunity and celebrating diversity within our community.
“At Cardiff and Vale College we are centre place in the Capital Region community and we strive to reflect every aspect of that community. It is our goal to achieve an inclusive culture where everyone can feel valued and in which everyone receives fair and equal treatment regardless of their background.”
The College’s Learning Support Co-ordinator, James Donaldson, was shortlisted for FE Employee of the Year – highlighting his work as being among the very best in the sector. CAVC’s support team offers a wide range of support with learning difficulties and disabilities, developing bespoke programmes of support to meet the needs of individual students.
Solat Chaudhry, CEO of the National Centre for Diversity commented: “We are delighted to congratulate Cardiff and Vale College on being crowned the Welsh Further Education Provider of the Year 2016 at the National Centre for Diversity`s inaugural FE Sector Diversity Awards.
“As well as winning this prestigious award, Cardiff & Vale College featured at number 25 in the National Centre for Diversity`s FE Sector Top 50 Organisations which is testament to their Equality, Diversity and Inclusion credentials.
“Both the FE Sector Top 50 and the Welsh Further Education Provider of the Year Award, are derived from analysing the results of the diagnostic surveys completed by staff at the College, and the results from all the FE Sector organisations which were analysed are compared to ascertain the Top 50 FE Sector Organisations.
“This is a great achievement and all staff and students should feel proud to be recognised in this way.”
Notes to editors
- Photo shows (l-r) Barnfield College Principal Tim Eyton-Jones presenting the award to CAVC Principal and Chief Executive Mike James and Learning Support Co-ordinator James Donaldson
- Cardiff and Vale College is one of the top companies for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the National Centre for Diversity’s 2016 Top 100 Index. It has also been awarded the National Centre for Diversity’s Award for Welsh FE College of the Year 2016
- Cardiff and Vale College was awarded College of the Year at the 2015 and 2016 Insider Business and Education Partnership Awards
- Apply now to join CAVC in Sept 2017
- Why not follow the latest updates from Cardiff and Vale College on Facebook.com/CardiffandValeCollege, Instagram @cavcinsta or Twitter @cavc?
For more information contact:
Tel: 01446 725003. Mob: 07932 770938