Special educational needs and disabilities: Education Committee holds roundtable discussion with teachers and school staff – Tuesday 15th January at 10am.
The Education Committee is holding a roundtable discussion with school leaders, teachers, specialists and support staff on special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The Committee’s SEND inquiry is examining the impact of the reforms introduced in the Children and Families Act 2014. The meeting will focus on the impact of the reforms from the perspective of schools and staff members as well as some of the broader issues facing children and young people with SEND.
Tuesday 15 January at 10am, Committee Room 16
- Tania Beard, Headteacher, St Martin's C of E Primary and Nursery School
- Jon Boyes, Principal, Herne Bay High School
- Penny Earl, Resource Provision Manager, Stoke Park Infant School
- Sabrina Hobbs, Principal, Severndale Specialist Academy
- Nicola Jones-Ford, SENCo, Fulham College Boys’ School
- Dr Cath Lowther, Educational Psychologist
- Callum Wetherill, Pastoral Leader and Specialist Leader in Education (Behaviour, Attendance, SEND), Joseph Norton Academy, part of Wellspring Academy Trust
The meeting will be broadcast live on Parliament TV.
Committee Membership: Rt Hon Robert Halfon MP (Con, Harlow), Lucy Allan MP (Con, Telford), Ben Bradley MP (Con, Mansfield), Marion Fellows MP (SNP, Motherwell and Wishaw), James Frith MP (Lab, Bury North), Emma Hardy MP (Lab, Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle), Trudy Harrison MP (Con, Copeland), Ian Mearns MP (Lab, Gateshead), Lucy Powell MP (Lab Co-op, Manchester Central), Thelma Walker MP (Lab, Colne Valley), William Wragg MP (Con, Hazel Grove)