UnLearn, ReLearn: What it means to be human
The World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) is currently underway in Doha, Qatar.
The summit is Qatar Foundation’s flagship education forum, bringing together educators, experts, thought leaders, and decision makers from around the globe, todiscuss the future of education.
It features more than 200 speakers and 150 sessions, including: Allan Goodman, President at the Institute for International Education; Dr. Ger Graus OBE, Global Director of Education, Kidzania; H.E. Armen Sarkissian, President of Armenia; representatives of leading universities, including Yale, UCL and many more.
This year the summit is addressing the theme “UnLearn, ReLearn: What it means to be human”, exploring the behaviours, skills, and traits we must unlearn and relearn to flourish in the 21st century.
Among the questions at the heart of the discussions are:
- Should schools teach students how to be happy?
- Will artificial intelligence make teachers obsolete?
- Can the latest discoveries in neuroscience make our kids smarter?
- Should schools get rid of grading systems?
- Should students pledge a percentage of their future salary to fund their higher education?
The summit will be livestreamed from 6am GMT (9am local time in Doha) on 20 November 2019.